Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Scraproom

It is finally just about organized the way I want it and I thought I would share a few pictures. I still would like to cover the plywood desk top and I have some organizing yet to do on the sewing side of my room, but I'm happy with what I have now.

This is the left side of my desk. The parts cabinets hold all my little embellies like brads, buttons, eyelets, photo turns and more. I have button jars and flowers on top of the cabinets and more flowers on the shelf. My pens and paintbrushes are in ceramic planters I picked up at Dollarama.

















This is the right side of my desk. I have a home made version of a Clip it UP in the corner and all my loose ribbon in jars (also from Dollarama) on the shelf. The desk organizer holds mailing envelopes, a mini Cutterpede, notepaper, chalks and a few other things.

















At the end of the desk, I have wire racks with all my paper, cardstock and albums. On the peg board there is all my acrylic stamps, Fancy Pants and BG chipboard, other assorted chipboard, bling, and other items in original packaging that don't fit elsewhere. The shadow box holds all my inks, embossing powders, stickles, Twinkling H2O's and punches.

















This is the island my husband built for me. The top came from an old coffee table I picked up at an auction. On the other side I have drawers to hold my Cuttlebug and dies, trimmer, circle cutter, ribbon spools etc.

















On the wall to the right of the wire racks, is the door, then a file cabinet and my sewing machine cabinet. On the last wall I have a large unit with bins for fabric and patterns on the bottom and a shallow shelves on top where I keep collectibles. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of that area next week.

6 comments:

heyhoewarren said...

Your room looks great - I love the island bench and peg board.

Geri said...

Hello from a fellow classmate at Got Sketch. I love your scrappy space - you have it set up and organized beautifully. I wish I could keep mine that organized.. it always looks like a tornado!

Tana said...

I'm so jealous. Great space.

jamie said...

thanks for letting us lurk in your space. always great to see how others set up their creative spaces. you look so nice and neat...do you scrap nice and neat too...had to ask.

Happy Stamper said...

Wow! Merrilee...your space looks great. I love to see other work spaces and storage ideas. It is great to have a 'personal' happy space to go to isn't it?

Karin B said...

What a great room you have! Love it!