Friday, September 25, 2009

Candy Shoppe Designs 'Sweet 16' Blog Hop Layout

I was able to get my layout done today and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. There were 10 steps given for the "Sweet 16' blog hop and I was challenged to try things I don't normally do. For example I used chipboard as my base instead of cardstock and painted around the edge. I even distressed one of my wedding photos for the layout. LOL Who knows maybe I'll even win the Lollipop Guild kit from Studio Calico. The Candy Shoppe Designs blog is fast becoming my favourite place to look for inspiration.

16 comments:

Julie said...

what a pretty page

Barb P said...

Beautiful layout! I love the way those red flowers set off the black and white.

Thomisia said...

This is very pretty!

Blessings, Janine said...

Pretty! I love those flourishes! It's great when you get inspiration to try new things and you love the results,...I really like the painted edge on the chipboard....it all ties together nicely.

My father Summers on the La Have Islands,...we were there this past July,...so beautiful in Nova Scotia!

Heather said...

I love the red with the black. Very stunning. And I like the distressing around the photo, too.

Rebecca In MI said...

I'll have to check out the candy shop and I always love wedding lo's!

elina said...

This is beautiful, i love what you did with your background paper!

angie gutshall said...

This is so pretty!

LisaNRoxy said...

Pretty layout!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous page!

Lori Gentile said...

That's a beautiful page with some wonderful details!

terri k said...

Very nice!

Jennifer said...

very pretty! Perfect LO for that photo!

Melissa said...

Fantastic Page, love the colour scheme.

Jennifer Priest said...

Wonderful page--love the paint and the color scheme.

Candy Shoppe Designs said...

You did great! Thanks for participating!