Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year! A New Word!

It has been almost 5 months since I've posted here. Yikes! I have to apologize. I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks in August and I've had health issues to deal with since then which have totally disrupted my life. I have taken care of one of the issues I was dealing with and while I have a couple more to fix, they are not as serious and I feel like I am finally getting my life back on track. Which means I can finally get back to the things I enjoy like scrapbooking. I am currently taking Alison Davis' 'Sketch Support' class and loving it although I am woefully behind between my surgery at the end of November and then Christmas craziness. LOL The kids will be back to school this week while I have 2 more weeks off before I go back to work and I intend to take advantage of that quiet time to create.

CREATE, that is my new word for this year. One Little Word (OLW) is a concept created by Ali Edwards to take a word and use it as inspiration in your life all year long. I have been picking words for the last couple of years and while I haven't been completely successful with it, I am going to keep on trying until I get it right. The word create is perfect for me because not only do I want to create more scrapbook pages, but I also want to create order out of the chaos in my craftroom and I want to create more time for family activities like snowball fights in the winter and camping in the summer. Not to mention creating time to keep my blog up to date. LOL To keep myself accountable I am running a year long OLW challenge at Kindred Creations and I would love to have you join me there. The January post can be found here.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Merrilee, good to have you back blogging!I feel like I'm getting back on track with Creating too. OLW is a good challenge, I'll have to think about that one.I'll be checking in on ya!